Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

Thread: Ford to Cut Jobs

  1. #81
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Its an open church man, anyone is welcome.

    Burrhead, youre wayyy too narrow minded.

  2. #82
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    I think that a lot of Christians around here forget the addage of "love the sinner, hate the sin". They cast all kinds of hatred and disparagements down on homosexuals w/o letting them know that God loves them too, just that he hates the sin that they're committing. There's a lot of people who are churchgoers (I won't say true Christians because I believe there's a bigger shortage in this "biblical" area than we know) who are so obsessed with "winning souls to God" and making the world live by the Bible that they forget other people have their own ideas and ways of thinking and worshipping God. It is up to people who are Christians and want to represent God correctly to do 2 things: 1) present the message of salvation to a person and 2) live the difference, being a living testimony to what God can do in a person's life. Most people around here are all about cramming the Bible down someone's throat w/o thinking of the consequences of coming off as too pushy. You've done your job if you've presented the gospel and shown the difference it's made in your life. YOU don't bring people to Christ through God...remember the chain of command here? The Holy spirit talking to the person's heart, Christ coming into the person's heart, God forgiving the sins due to Christ's claim on your soul once you've accepted Him??? Lots of people forget this...

    Some people around here need to ease up on the hellfire and brimstone and show a little Christ-like love to their fellow human beings. Remember--saved or not, we're all God's creatures, made in his image. Which verse is it that says for ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God? I'm not sure--but I know that's in there somewhere. Some people around here have lost sight of this. I'd say this will make quite a few people either angry or introspective or both...because in my estimation, this probably goes for more than 50% of the people who claim to be "Christians" in this particular area.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #83
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    You made some very good points football fan and I agree with alot of what you said...I think the difference though is this: Most sinners know they are doing wrong and they are living sinful lives and know they need Christ to cleanse them. However, the view I've been hearing from those supporting homosexuality is the denial that it is even a sin at all, that they cannot or will not change, and that they can still be accepted as saved without making this change. I see that as major issue that is being missed. Homosexuality is no different than any other sin and can be forgiven just the same but how will you ever ask for forgiveness if you don't accept it to be wrong and sinful in the first place?

  4. #84
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    You can laugh out loud all you want, but the truth is the truth. I'm guilty sometimes of putting the bible in my perspective to meet my needs. But if everyone does this, they are on the path to destruction. It is very simple to be saved, but much harder to live it. Believe me, I know. I guess I am too narrow minded sometimes when it comes to politcs and sports, but when you mess with eternal life, that's a whole different ballgame.

  5. #85
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    i hate it when people make up their on religion

    In case you all want to know the truth...IF YOUR GAY YOUR GOING TO HELL...sorry but it is the truth and it is in the bible
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  6. #86
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Folks up this way decided to redo the inside of their church, guy comes to show what he had to sell. He was giving the elders of the church a hard time- he finally said I sold the stuff to refurbish a church in Roanoke last week , quarter of a million in my part alone, I thought- you are in the wrong neck of the woods boy. He was pacing and complaning about the road, anything- so I slipped around and got his van keys. One of the folks looking at the stuff finally said , "This is out of our price range and if it weren't , we still wouldn't spend that much money on a building- my building awaits me - here this amount would go to people that need food and a place to stay , this church has never been like that." That isn't exactly what the lady said but it is pretty close. He jumped up and said he'd never be back up this holler, waste of time. So..... after about 5 minutes the Preach asked me ,"Do you think he has car trouble, could you help him get out of here, I mean his car started?" Well sometimes .... I just wanted to see how he'd look after pushing around on those folks , a lot of them treated me like a grandchild, they kept an eye on my kid while he was growing up- he just kinda rubbed me raw with his attitude. So after a few more minutes we (me and Preach) walked over to the window and he asked the dude , "Do you need help?" And he answered ," No , I need my !@#$% keys!" So I said you mean these, and pulled them from my pocket, he left. Preach asked me why I took his keys," I didn't like the way he treated my friends, but after that oath maybe getting those keys wasn't my idea [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]" .He snickered a little and said the Lord worked in funny ways. But he felt better about things once the guy kinda showed his true colors.

  7. #87
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    biggamesjames, I agree to a certain extent with what you're saying. There's plenty of people who sin in different ways everyday, and as a brother/sister in the Lord, we're supposed to call them on it. However, when we go as far as shoving it down people's throats (like a lot of people do around here, admittedly) instead of being how we're supposed to be...Christ-like...all that person hears is that you hate them and they're a horrible person...not that their sin is going to take them to Hell. It's like this, if you scream at a little kid all the time, then that's the only type of communication he knows, and thusly, they're going to scream at you and talk smart when they're upset with you. However, if you keep a level head, talk sense to them, and let them figure things out for themselves, then most of the time they turn out a lot better. I think we don't spend enough time witnessing and too much time scolding and judging others. That is what makes Christians around here look hypocritical. We should take the stance and stand firm...not take the offensive and condemn people. I truly believe in my heart that's how Jesus would have handled it.

    Think about it this way; from the way you're talking, you're saved...and for others who are saved, really really think about this...when you got saved...was it Jesus's voice yelling at you telling you that you're a lousy person and a sinner and you don't deserve to know him? No...I don't think so. When I got saved...at the age of 8 (I'm 23 now)...Jesus simply said "Come" in a steady voice, not demanding, but peaceful and requesting, not ordering. That's the mentality we should take, no matter what the sin may be. We witness, the seed is planted, and the Holy Spirit moves to convict their soul...it's up to them to accept Christ from there...we can't make them turn from their sin.

    You've done your job if you've put it out there...doesn't mean we need to stage a bunch of rallies or protests against this...I hate to see that because all you get when you get a protest together is a bunch of hyped up people that turn into an angry, hateful mob. Kinda like the abortion clinic people.

    All of this is why I don't agree with the religious portion of the right wing of our government...religious zeal and political agenda just don't mix. Both can be corrupt, and both together can be ultimately corrupting for all involved.

    Just a few of my opinions...hope it sheds some light.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #88
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    for you to say that church isnt for "gays" goes against the very Christian principles you're accusing them of breaking
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #89
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    i think gays should go to church...but once they become a christian they should know what they are doing is wrong, and change it..if they are gonna be christian they need to try to follow god's word
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  10. #90
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    the people i have met that are gay all profess to be a Christian, my RA even blasted gospel music for everyone on the hall to hear

    what i hate is that people who are against homosexuality more often than not never get to know someone who is gay and thus cant really understand them or where they are coming from...theyre not gonna make a pass on you no matter what you may think, and in the case of my RA, sometimes theyre genuinely cool and very nice people

    but people like my old roommate (who was also from gc) who wear blinders and refuse to see the sinner for who he is but rather the sin, really anger me...when we first moved into our dorm he put up a "passion of the Christ" movie poster on our wall and said "hopefully (he) will come in and look at this poster and that will make him straight" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    i just stared at him in amazement that he actually thought that if he came into our room that a movie poster might snap him out of it....to his surprise he came in and said "hey (my roommate)! love the poster ive got one in my room as well, i love that movie" and went on down the hall...i couldnt stop laughing for about half an hour
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •